You’ve requested it and it’s finally here…chocolate pupcakes. For dogs. Made with carob, of course.
And guess what? Lola and Rio loved them. I know, I know, that doesn’t say much because these two would snap up a piece of lettuce or a single grain of rice and think they really got somethin’ special. But they really, really loved these. More than lettuce. And rice.
We’re guest posting and sharing this fab recipe on Pretty Fluffy –
click here for the recipe!
Your pups will also love these treats:
Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Pupcakes
These homemade pupcakes are so simple to throw together! One bowl, 50 minutes of your time and voila!
I love homemade dog treat recipes because you KNOW exactly what goes into them.
And I don’t know about you, but our dogs eat much better & cleaner than we do.
If you have a doughnut pan, you can bake these into cute doughnut (or bagel) shapes as well!
Apple Crunch Pupcakes
Author: Sarah @ LolaThePitty.com
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cups apple sauce (I used Mott’s Natural)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped apples (about 1 apple)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix water, apple sauce, vanilla, egg, and honey together with a whisk.
- Combine whole wheat flour and baking powder and stir into wet ingredients.
- Fold in chopped apples.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 35 minutes; let cool.
*these are very LARGE for a dog - I broke them up into pieces and gave over several days.
*store in an airtight container.