Lola’s Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
I love these treats! They are simple and super cute.
*I used rice flour and masa (corn flour), which can be found in the Asian & Hispanic aisles of most grocery stores. You can also use whole wheat flour.
*If desired, once treats are completely cooled, you can melt some Vanilla Candiquik Coating and dip or drizzle the dog biscuits! Just use portion control if you choose to do this. I dipped about 1/3 of the treats, to give as gifts and a very special treat to Lola, but then left most of them plain.
Other fun dog treat recipes: Homemade Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats
Have fun with these! Drizzle, pipe your pup’s name on them, add little designs, etc.
Easy as that!
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 2½ cups rice flour, corn flour, or whole wheat flour
- •Optional: 1 package Vanilla CandiQuik Coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together eggs and pumpkin in a medium bowl. Stir in dry milk, sea salt, and parsley.
- Gradually add flour (corn or rice) to pumpkin mixture and stir until a stiff, dry mixture is formed.
- Roll out dough onto a smooth surface, ¼ – ½” thick. Cut into shapes with cookie cutter.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning biscuits over halfway through. Let cool.
- Optional: once completely cooled, melt Vanilla CandiQuik in tray, according to package directions. Dip dog biscuits in coating and place on wax or parchment paper to dry.