Blueberry Dog Cookies
A few weeks ago, I bought almond flour to make macaroons. Well I had almost an entire bag sitting around and didn’t want it to go to waste so I whipped up these puppies…haha (pun intended).
This may be one of my favorite dog treat recipes I’ve made…
I’m seriously considering adding a little sugar and more moisture to the batter and baking another batch for myself – they were that good. Regardless, I may or may not have ate about 5 of these myself.
These blueberry dog treats are a slightly chewy, slightly crisp (tiny) cookie that I broke in half and fed as a little treat to Lola and Rio.
I’ll be honest, my dogs aren’t really the best judge of flavor – Rio’s favorite snack, if he were to choose, would be sticks. And Lola, well…fairly certain she’s never tasted anything she’s eaten in her life as she literally inhales all food. So you can just trust me on this one – these are awesome.
A little behind the scenes. Welcome to my life:
I hope your pups enjoy these as much as
I we did!
- 1 cup almond flour (almond meal)
- ½ cup rice flour (we use Bob's Red Mill organic brown rice flour)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix flours together; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg, olive oil and blueberries together; combine with flour mixture.
- Spoon onto baking sheet (sprayed with nonstick) using a cookie dough scoop or two spoons.
- Bake at 350 F for 15-18 minutes or until bottom edges are golden brown.
*NOTE: if you want to make these also grain free, you may substitute the rice flour with coconut flour or another substitute.
Other recipes you’ll love: